Wednesday, March 12, 2014

FacePalm


  • Steve Kreutzmann Ishida ... I worked at some very good language schools in HCMC that didn't share your particular views. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone but you have to realize most native English speakers would think this guy is a doofess.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio ... I think you fancy him. You low fi trash bag
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio .... Maybe you'll fancy this more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgezR91JBI
    www.youtube.com
    Band Artist Performer - Ankle Pants Club Night - Electric Illusions
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly everyone these days likes to pretend that they are too humane for the circus. liars.
  • Daniel Jason This should be on top of the answer to a question "why expat stay in Vietnam". Simple, easy money in teaching, anyone can teach as long as you have a good marketing strategy. For this guy, "My skin is white. My ancestors are Europeans. I wear glasses. My name is Joey Arnold Original Oatmeal" ad works for him. For us, it sounds funny or even racist but for Vietnamese parents, this is a serious sh!t. He is white, he will make my son/daughter awesome, let's hire him.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly well, to be fair, it's not really working for him... read the page he linked too lol.
  • Ishida Thanh yeah! checked and confused
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly "language has meaning and that meaning should not be racist", I, for one, whole heartedly embrace gulags to purge these reactionary tendencies from our ranks. Short of that though, good luch with facebook shaming.
  • Steve Kreutzmann When someone studies a Diploma or Masters of Education in Singapore, America, Australia, England or Canada they learn that language has meaning and that meaning should not be racist. If Vietnam wants the best in education then these are some values it should aspire to. As someone who loves Vietnam I feel compelled to call out some douche who thinks he can advertise on a public forum saying: "My skin is white. Give me a job" - except if he's just being satirical. I just find him to be embarrassing and as a teacher he should be an example to others. Vietnam has so much respect for teachers and I think they deserve that respect back. I'm white and I'm awesome but it's not the reason I'm awesome. It might make me sexy (he he he - bad joke) but I find asian ladies very sexy.
  • Quentin Madrelle Based on his Facebook account, he's either a troll or REALLY high, don't bother arguing for the guy.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio .... sorry I reposted to fix some grammar ... so put your comment out of order. It was fun chatting on the interwebs with you and the the other sexpats (was that a spelling mistake) ... I'm off to bed ... I don't think the guy has enough empathy for others to be shamed but I felt good having a say
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly sleep well sweet prince.
  • Tran Thanh Hang Hes not a teacher. Hes a disease
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly he's an artist!
  • Ishida Thanh A film maker
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly An inventor for gods sake! A modern day Edison!
  • Tuyen Hua GiáoViên NguyênHiểu

    1) learn how to enunciate your "ch", "sh", and "ti" sounds before you consider teaching spoken English... the shit sounds atrocious (that last phrase might be a tongue twister for you)
    ...See More
  • Tuyen Hua I hope someone fullfills your dreams...
  • Rich Haslam Whatever you guys think of this Oatmeal guy, he has done one hell of a job marketing himself. He has all of you haters to thank for the free advertising you have given him. Marketing through controversy usually brings in the most sales. There's a sucker born every minute.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Is my visa expired?
  • Tuyen Hua Brings in the most sales? Lol ok... If that means he's gotta look for another pagoda to freeload sure...

    @giaoviencuckoo No u got an extension troll. Hope they come to their senses & give up renewing you.
  • Thu Minh omg this guy is a spammer in couchsurfing community
  • Ishida Thanh so he not a teacher but a spammer?
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu The word "SPAM" means different things to different people. One man's "SPAM" or "TRASH" can another man's "NOT-SPAM" or "TREASURE."
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Ishida Thanh, I am not even real. Not only am I just "SPAM:" I am also "HAM" from "LAMB" of a "RAM" bam sham wow wow hotel boom boom.
  • Ishida Thanh Or whatever?
  • Thu Minh If you go to couchsurfing.com, saigon homepage, he is really famous because he is reported to the website admin @Ishida Thanh
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu I am a SPAM BOT. I am not even a real person. I was created in a laboratory like Robocop. I was born partly deaf, which deter me from learning how to make certain English sounds like the "CH" sound in the word "CHURCH" and I went through speech therapy...See More
  • Thu Minh What i mean is i dont care u r a spammer or robot or whatever, but I do care with all of your topic and comment u created that make people have wrong view about Vietnam-my country. And I'm also sick of meet u everywhere from travel website to this group, please post no evil.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Thu Minh, have I said bad things about your country of Vietnam? Have I said things that are not true. For the record, I have been in Vietnam since 2012 and I would love to stay in Vietnam for the next 20 years or longer. I love the people here. I would...See More
  • Erik In Asia Monty Python invented Spam.

    I'll be your friend, Oatmeal. I think you're funny
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Would you hire a man with a long beard like this man here? This is a photo of me with a long beard from the year of 2011 in the USA.

    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=595472677214360&set=a.595472540547707.1073741901.503168976444731&type=1&theater&notif_t=like
    ...
    Here are photos of me, Joey Arnold, The Original Oatmeal. Watch my videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/OriginalOatmeal
  • Rich Haslam Spam is unsolicited commercial email. If it doesn't meet that definition, it's not spam. It may be offensive, but that would be trolling. Oatmeal hasn't posted spam here and he doesn't troll. He just posts zanny controversial positions that push your buttons. He has manipulated you to react, thus giving him more exposure. Keep up the hate, you'll make him famous.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Rich Haslam, are you telling people to ignore me? It seems that you may think that I am just a joke. Do not judge a book by it's cover. I am not exactly sure what you think of me but it kind of seems that you are posting "SPAM" about me. However, the definition of "SPAM" that you give here is a more original definition dating back to some years ago back to before Facebook and MySpace.

    It seems that the definition of "SPAM" has evolved from that to mean anything that others may not like on Facebook and other websites, and even in real life as well.

    As you study languages, you will see the definitions of words change from time to time.

    For example, over a century ago, the word "AWESOME" and the word "AWE" was more reserved to describe the power and uniqueness of God, and now "AWESOME" is usually used more often just to mean the word "COOL" or like "GREAT" or things like that, things that are more general, less powerful, less cool, less unique.
  • Rich Haslam Nope, not telling them that. Just letting them know what they're doing, that's all. Brilliant marketing though.
  • Anthony Larmon There's clearly a reason you aren't teaching marketing lol
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Can I teach marketing?
  • Rich Haslam You won't know how effective his marketing is until you count the Benjamins. Until then any speculation about his marketing is exactly that, speculation.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Count the Benjamins and count the lives that were touched and influenced as well......
  • Tuyen Hua Rich Haslam In this case you would count the HoChiMinhs but clearly from the pityful way he expresses having to live off of a pagoda or skipping meals just to get by (especially in the local economy) the Bens/Minhs are nowhere there.

    The fact is wheth
    er it is a marketing ploy to be controversial or not, he has garnered more negative attention with his antics and expressions. Negative attention does not = successful marketing (at least not in the long run). Who goes into business by discrediting themselves and further digging them a deeper hole by trying to defend themselves.

    GiáoViên NguyênHiểu it is unfortunate that you were not raised in the best or even under normal circumstances complicated even more with a disability. It is commendable that you have fought against the odds and trying to be a better person, having a positive outlook. I think your only real issue is not let it get carried away.

    Instead of fighting to defend yourself and trolling others in the process for a laugh, try to figure out why people are responding the way they do and stop digging yourself a deeper hole by making a fool out of yourself. Right now you are your own worst enemy. Feeding people to make them hate you because you may think you are standing up for yourself is a blind and dumb move. I am pretty sure most people here on Expat of Ho Chi Minh City as well as Another Side of Vietnam (as controversial as it gets there yet you are banned) had no problem with who you are and what you do but they had a problem with how you reacted to situations.

    Do you justify your videos questioning the people at Leaf Pagoda as righteous? Even if they did you wrong (giving you the benefit of the doubt) you posted the video in hopes for pity and support yet all you got was backlash. Ever wonder why? Because disabilities aside, you acted like a complete asshole. You just threw your credit out the window.

    Try not to justify your actions and think that people would take pity because of your disabilities. The 2 are unrelated.

    Take this guy for example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Vujicic . Compared to you he was born pretty much fucked. Yet it's the way he responds to people that gives him more credibility than anyone you would imagine. He doesn't need peoples pity and he doesn't justify his actions because of his disability.

    You lived and taught under the house of god. Teach yourself humility and quit being your own worse enemy. That is probably the best marketing tool you will get.
    en.wikipedia.org
    Nicholas James "Nick" Vujicic (/ˈvɔɪtʃɪtʃ/VOY-i-chich; Serbian: Николас Џејмс Ву...See More
  • Rich Haslam Tuyen Hua, negative, or controversial marketing has been proven to be successful. Just because it doesn't fit in with your concept of good and bad doesn't mean it won't work. Don't try to judge others by your standards. Remember, judge not, else you be judged.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Tuyen Hua, people like me. I was not living off the pagoda. Who said that I was living off the pagoda? Some people may not like me. I have met thousands of people in person during my 29 years of life. Who said that I do not have humility? You misinterpret my words. I am not purposely trying to be controversial. Rather, I'm trying to be honest and I am trying to help people with a rare window into how the world really is.

    I am not a negative person. I am not making myself look like a monster. I am telling you how things are. Life is full of good and bad things. Do not get so sucked into the negative parts of life. I am not trolling. I am not spam.

    I am not simply just standing up for myself but rather standing up for humans everywhere.

    I am a messenger of truth. Do not shoot down the messenger. When I make videos about the pagoda, I am simply a news reporter. I am asking people to make up their own mind about their thoughts on it. I want people to learn from my life.

    I do not ask for pity.

    You misunderstand these things.

    I do not want pity.

    I do not ask for pity.

    I am not sad.

    I am not dying.

    I am not dead.

    I am fine.

    I never exactly said that I am dead.

    I never asked for money.

    I do not beg for money.

    I am here to educate.

    I am here to inspire others.

    Life is not about compromise.

    Life is about integrity.

    People compromise in order to make friends and in order to keep friends. Some people do not like how radical I might be at times. I have reasons for everything that I do.

    I am not angry at people.

    I am not angry at the pagoda.

    I am not angry at the ASOV.

    I am just sharing information.

    I am just letting people know that I was teaching English at the pagoda and now the pagoda told me not to teach any longer.

    Currently, I am the only long-term foreign English Teacher at the Leaf Pagoda, but it seems that they do not want me or need me. They said they do not need me any more. I say that they do need me. Other foreign teachers will teach at the pagoda for a month or so, but I have the potential of sticking around for years.

    If the pagoda doesn't want me, then that is fine. But the problem is that they promised me salaries. I did not ask them for a salary at the pagoda but they decided to promise a salary to me.

    I don't like it when people break promises. I want the pagoda to admit that they broke their promise with me.

    That is all I want from them.

    I just want the pagoda to say to me:

    "Sorry that we broke our contract with you."

    Then I would stop talking about them.

    And I would move on and forget about it.

    Same thing goes for Kathy who took my bike.

    And the list goes on.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment