Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What is SPAM? on FB



  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu When I say I teach babies, I mean toddlers in preschool and kindergarten, but babies younger than that can learn basic sounds for talking at as young as a few months old.

    I want to warn everyone in advance about how bad I do in interviews and tests.
  • Anthony Larmon The real question is... why would a parent let you within 100 meters of their children?
  • Steve Kreutzmann Sorry but I found these lines really racist "WANTED STUDENTS: I've been teaching English ... My skin is white. My ancestors are Europeans."

    If you want to teach English It doesn't matter what colour your skin is or who your ancestors are. On top of that I found your grammar really poor.

    I'm not sure if you are having a joke at the world or if you're just stupid. It seems like you are really looking for problems and haters by looking at the comments on our Facebook page. Each to their own but you look a bit evil.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly Joey Arnold, AKA original oatmeal, AKA GiáoViên NguyênHiểu, what do you think makes you stand out more than the other candidates?
  • Anthony Larmon Steve... how long have you been in Vietnam? It absolutely does matter.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Anthony ... why are you asking me this question? and why does it matter?
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly Vietnamese don't want to learn english from non white people.
  • Anthony Larmon Because Vietnamese aren't obligated to follow fair hiring practices when they look for teachers and tutors. And they prefer white/European people to other ethnicities, regardless of English level.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly holy shit! his group 'Oatmeal English Club' has 3800 members. wtf! I'm joining, iv'e never been one to be left out of a trend haha.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Anthony ... You are correct and it doesn't mean that I have to support that view. The best language schools I worked at employed Australians with Vietnamese heritage and Americans with African heritage. English is a global language and with that I think global morals should be encouraged. Vietnamese are just ripping themselves off if they employ low level English speakers that most native English speakers have trouble understanding just because skin colour.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly No one is saying you should support it Steve Kreutzmann, you asked why it matters for Oatmeal to make it clear, you got your answer. No one is saying that it's right. you're preaching to the choir.
  • Ishida Thanh well, that is your kind of view but as a Vietnamese parent they would like a white man to teach English to their children
  • Ishida Thanh Steve, I dont know in this group or another group, one guy who is an English-Vietnamese who couldnt speak Vietnamese very well, he applied for a teaching position at an International school here. you know what? he got rejected due to he look like Vietnamese - Asian, and they may not meet the expectation of the parents so the school wont give him the position. and He is a really experienced qualified teacher.
  • Andrzej Rafael Oh wow ive been waiting all day for something like this!!! Keep em coming, lets beat the DJ boobs post in ASOV!!!!!
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio .... so is Oatmeal making a joke, being blatantly racist in a public forum or is he just mentally retarded.

    Ishida .... I think the problem is there so many forged qualifications in Vietnam and often the employers don't speak English so they are not sure whom to employ. For this reason I understand your point of view. On the other hand I met a lot of American Vietnamese and Australian Vietnamese who had been schooled in awesome schools in their home countries and you are underselling great talent if you look past these assets to your country.

    In fact most of Australia's top selective schools in the capital cities are about 95% asian.
  • Ishida Thanh I understand you Steve, but dont put the view of an Australian onto a view of Vietnamese since it is totally different.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Ishida .... when I was working at international schools in HCMC I'd get phone calls saying, "we need an English teacher, not black or asian, can you help me?" so this topic is nothing new to me.

    Hey it's not like I'm losing out.

    I'm just expressing my opinion I don't expect to change anything. I know the world is not an equal place.

    It's a bit like in Sydney if I want to eat Vietnamese food, I want to see Vietnamese people cooking and eating there. Caucasian people can still cook well but I want to make a quick decision.

    One of the nice experiences in Vietnam for me was meeting a Viet person and thinking they were born in Vietnam. Then two sentences later I realize how similar this person is to me, the reason being that we had the same culture and grew up in the same school system. I loved the mind bending moment when you assume stuff about a person from how they look, then changing how you think about them when you speak to them.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio Mauryshmelly .... 44 views in 3 and a half years. The English speaking world has voted this guy is very low quality. The funny thing is I clicked on it twice and the number of views has gone up 5% in 2 minutes, talk about a spike in views.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly I'm beginning to think that he is actually the most important performance artist of our generation. You guys just don't get it, its too deep
  • Steve Kreutzmann Ishida ... I worked at some very good language schools in HCMC that didn't share your particular views. I'm not forcing my opinion on anyone but you have to realize most native English speakers would think this guy is a doofess.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio ... I think you fancy him. You low fi trash bag
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio .... Maybe you'll fancy this more http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQgezR91JBI

    www.youtube.com
    Band Artist Performer - Ankle Pants Club Night - Electric Illusions
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly everyone these days likes to pretend that they are too humane for the circus. liars.
  • Daniel Jason This should be on top of the answer to a question "why expat stay in Vietnam". Simple, easy money in teaching, anyone can teach as long as you have a good marketing strategy. For this guy, "My skin is white. My ancestors are Europeans. I wear glasses. My name is Joey Arnold Original Oatmeal" ad works for him. For us, it sounds funny or even racist but for Vietnamese parents, this is a serious sh!t. He is white, he will make my son/daughter awesome, let's hire him.
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly well, to be fair, it's not really working for him... read the page he linked too lol.
  • Ishida Thanh yeah! checked and confused
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly "language has meaning and that meaning should not be racist", I, for one, whole heartedly embrace gulags to purge these reactionary tendencies from our ranks. Short of that though, good luch with facebook shaming.
  • Steve Kreutzmann When someone studies a Diploma or Masters of Education in Singapore, America, Australia, England or Canada they learn that language has meaning and that meaning should not be racist. If Vietnam wants the best in education then these are some values it should aspire to. As someone who loves Vietnam I feel compelled to call out some douche who thinks he can advertise on a public forum saying: "My skin is white. Give me a job" - except if he's just being satirical. I just find him to be embarrassing and as a teacher he should be an example to others. Vietnam has so much respect for teachers and I think they deserve that respect back. I'm white and I'm awesome but it's not the reason I'm awesome. It might make me sexy (he he he - bad joke) but I find asian ladies very sexy.
  • Quentin Madrelle Based on his Facebook account, he's either a troll or REALLY high, don't bother arguing for the guy.
  • Steve Kreutzmann Antonio .... sorry I reposted to fix some grammar ... so put your comment out of order. It was fun chatting on the interwebs with you and the the other sexpats (was that a spelling mistake) ... I'm off to bed ... I don't think the guy has enough empathy for others to be shamed but I felt good having a say
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly sleep well sweet prince.
  • Tran Thanh Hang Hes not a teacher. Hes a disease
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly he's an artist!
  • Ishida Thanh A film maker
  • Antonio Mauryshmelly An inventor for gods sake! A modern day Edison!
  • Tuyen Hua GiáoViên NguyênHiểu

    1) learn how to enunciate your "ch", "sh", and "ti" sounds before you consider teaching spoken English... the shit sounds atrocious (that last phrase might be a tongue twister for you)

    I would hate to see people learning under you, walking around speaking english the way you do and think they are right.

    16 months of teaching really doesn't mean shit.

    2) you need help and self development with social skills before you should consider influencing anyone else... if you ever ever think about following any of the above skills you list... consider this:

    If you were in the US, the kids would tear you apart with 40+ facebook profiles, 20+ youtube channels, and 500+ videos of demented shit. Their parents would burn you alive....

    3) Do yourself a favor and turn yourself in. They might give you a free plane ticket home. If you do get home, please admit yourself to the nearest insane asylum, grow old and write a book about it.
  • Tuyen Hua I hope someone fullfills your dreams...
  • Rich Haslam Whatever you guys think of this Oatmeal guy, he has done one hell of a job marketing himself. He has all of you haters to thank for the free advertising you have given him. Marketing through controversy usually brings in the most sales. There's a sucker born every minute.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Is my visa expired?
  • Tuyen Hua Brings in the most sales? Lol ok... If that means he's gotta look for another pagoda to freeload sure...

    @giaoviencuckoo No u got an extension troll. Hope they come to their senses & give up renewing you.
  • Thu Minh omg this guy is a spammer in couchsurfing community
  • Ishida Thanh so he not a teacher but a spammer?
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu The word "SPAM" means different things to different people. One man's "SPAM" or "TRASH" can another man's "NOT-SPAM" or "TREASURE."
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Ishida Thanh, I am not even real. Not only am I just "SPAM:" I am also "HAM" from "LAMB" of a "RAM" bam sham wow wow hotel boom boom.
  • Ishida Thanh Or whatever?
  • Thu Minh If you go to couchsurfing.com, saigon homepage, he is really famous because he is reported to the website admin @Ishida Thanh
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu I am a SPAM BOT. I am not even a real person. I was created in a laboratory like Robocop. I was born partly deaf, which deter me from learning how to make certain English sounds like the "CH" sound in the word "CHURCH" and I went through speech therapy...See More
  • Thu Minh What i mean is i dont care u r a spammer or robot or whatever, but I do care with all of your topic and comment u created that make people have wrong view about Vietnam-my country. And I'm also sick of meet u everywhere from travel website to this group, please post no evil.
  • GiáoViên NguyênHiểu Thu Minh, have I said bad things about your country of Vietnam? Have I said things that are not true. For the record, I have been in Vietnam since 2012 and I would love to stay in Vietnam for the next 20 years or longer. I love the people here. I would not stay in a country if I did not like the country.

    You say that I misguide people into thinking wrongly about your country. You need to be more specific. You are being very general. I love uncle Ho Chi Minh. I love rice. I love how friendly people are.

    You say that I post evil. Please show me and tell me how I am posting evil. I do not see the evil that you speak of. Please do not make general statements without backing up such accusations with accurate proof.

    You say that you are tired of seeing me on the internet. Please tell me why you are tired of me. Do you hate me? Are you bored of me? Have I threaten your family or others? Have you met me in person? Do I steal money from you? Please tell me what is wrong with me so that I might fix myself. Please be more specific in what I must do. Please tell me why I am spam.

    The word "SPAM" is a crazy word that is very tough to define. The definition to spam can be anything you want it to be because "SPAM" basically means things you do not want to see.

    I am so-called "SPAM" to you and to others sometimes because you do not want to read what I write, watch the videos I make, think about me, be around me, or care about me really.

    And yet, that does not always mean that I am totally and always spam. Other people might be interested in being my friend. Others may not always consider me spam.

    The word "SPAM" is very subjective and it is a scary and retarded since this word is abused and misused a bunch.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment